We are recruiting an Associate
We are looking for a new team member to join our venture capital and private equity group. If you have strong analytical and teamwork skills, and share our values, we’d like to hear from you.
We encourage female candidates to apply.
Team: Giant Leap
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting: Chief Investment Officer
About Giant Leap
IIG has launched Giant Leap, Australia’s first venture capital fund which is 100% dedicated to investing in exceptional, rapidly scalable impact businesses. The Fund is 100% impact in that all investments will blend financial returns with social and environmental impact.
Who are we looking for? IIG is looking for an Associate, to work within the Venture Capital and Private Equity division and to work specifically on the Giant Leap Fund.
What you will do:
- Perform initial deal screening and serving as the initial contact point for start-ups seeking funding.
- Evaluate potential investments in companies through rigorous due diligence, market research and competitor analysis.
- Update fundraising documentation, investment committee papers, venture partner and advisory board papers and investor updates.
- Create and implement best practice systems and procedures to drive efficiency through automation.
- Manage meetings with entrepreneurs, portfolio company meetings, venture partners and deal flow in general
- Attend and contribute to industry events and conferences to support the start-up ecosystem and impact investment community.
- Manage administrative functions and liaising with the Finance, Legal and Operations teams within IIG.
We want someone who has:
- 3 to 5 years-experience in a highly analytical role – could be management consulting, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, law or working within a start-up.
- Astute commercial judgment.
- Outstanding analytical and developed quantitative skills including intermediate financial modelling.
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent Excel and Powerpoint skill
We want someone who:
- Has a growth mindset, an entrepreneurial attitude, is a self-starter, shows initiative and strong work ethic.
- Is reliable, trustworthy, punctual and honest.
- Is bright, energetic, organised, motivated, talented and possesses a positive attitude.
- Can build rapport and empathise with start-up founders
- Loves the pace and diversity of work that comes with working in a lean team.
- Has a passion for impact investment, early stage companies and a belief in the power of business as a force for good.
It goes without saying that we want someone who shares our values:
- We courageously stand up for what we believe
- We love to try new things
- We earn your trust by being open and honest
- We are driven by enlightened hospitality
- We play the long game
- We can have our cake and eat it too, and share it with each other
About Impact Investment Group
Impact Investment Group Pty Ltd (IIG) is a leading Australian impact investment funds manager. Our mission is to shift capital towards investments that blend financial returns with deep social and environmental impact, and to lead by example in using all of our resources to create the world we want to live in. Established in early 2013, IIG has over $400m in assets under management across commercial real estate, renewable energy and venture capital. IIG was one of Australia’s first certified B Corporations and a member of the Responsible Investment Association of Australasia.
For further information please call Rohan McMaster on 0484 012 488.
To apply for the role
To apply please send your resume and social media links to firstname.lastname@example.org